Kolkata Corporation Trade License: Trade license is a very important certificate which is required to be produced for all small to big businesses, shops, various organizations. You can get this license from your nearest government office. You will have to provide your business information by visiting Panchayats for rural areas and Municipal Corporations for urban areas and the government will issue you a trade license. Similarly if you want to do any business in Kolkata then you have to get trade license from KMC. Let’s see how to get Kolkata Corporation Trade License.
Table of Contents
Kolkata Corporation Trade License
What is a trade license?
A trade license is a certificate that is given by the government, if you have given it, the government wants to know from you what business you do. Trade license is issued by the state government to the customer, this license is issued by the Gram Panchayat Municipal Corporation of the state government. Trade licenses can be of different types, such as industrial trade licence, food trade licence, trade shop licence, etc.
What documents are required to trade license?
- You must be a citizen of India and above 18 years of age.
- You cannot apply if you have any legal issues in your background.
- You need to get a form for Trade License Application from your nearest Panchayat, Municipality, Corporation.
- You have to pay the application fee for taking this form which depends on your state or locality.
- Your business location information i.e. where your business is located.
- If you want to make a trade license for your organization or company, you may need to provide the company’s PAN card, GST number, etc.
- If your business is in partnership with someone else, you will need to provide a partnership agreement.
Kolkata Corporation Trade License Online Apply
- To apply for trade license in KMC area first you need to visit the official website kmcgov.in.
- At the bottom of the home page, you need to click on the external user login option.
- After that a new page will open in front of you where user ID, mobile number has to be given.
- If you have not opened an account, open a new account through the new account option.
- Once logged in, a new page will open in front of you, click on the license option on the left.
- By clicking on the license option, a menu will open in front of you from where you will click on the first option online application registration.
- After going to the next page a form will open in front of you which you have to fill with correct information.
- On the next page you have to provide all the information about your business that the form asks for.
- While uploading the document you will be given three options, Business Proof, Photo ID and Company.
- You can upload any one of these three.
- Note that scanned images must be uploaded in PDF format, PDF size must be below 1000KB.
- Then you will see how much application fee you have to pay if you click on Calculate Fees option.
- Check the information given in the complete form once by clicking on Preview option.
- After clicking on the submit button you have to pay the application fee online.
- Now your information will be verified by the corporation and after a few days you will get a message on your mobile.
Kolkata Corporation Trade License Offline Application
- For offline application you need to visit Kolkata Corporation office first.
- Then from there you need to fill a form for Trade License Application.
- You have to fill the form completely and submit it to the Kolkata Corporation along with the required information.
- You have to submit application fee at KMC office.
- After submitting the form, the Corporation official will take the complete verification of the form.
- KMC may call you if there is any problem with forms or documents.
How long will it take to get Kolkata Corporation Trade License?
After applying for trade license it may take you maximum one month, but within a week you will get a reply from KMC.
How much does it cost to get Kolkata Corporation Trade License?
For KMC trade license application you need to pay an application fee which depends on your business. What kind of business do you do, any company or organization, shop, restaurant, garage etc. The application fee depends on each business and the location of your business in Kolkata. You will know the application fee while processing the application.
KMC Trade License Renewal Process
You will get Kolkata Corporation Trade License for one year first and then you have to renew this trade license.
Kolkata Corporation Help Line Number
Phone Number- +91 33 2286 1000
Toll Free Number- 18003453375
Address- Kolkata Municipal Corporation, 5 SN Banerjee Road, Kolkata 700 013, India