KMC Property Tax Online Apply 2023: Taxes are payable by all citizens of India. From GST to Income Tax, Property Tax etc. we pay every year at certain times. In the same way that the residents of the city have to pay corporation property tax, people have to pay a tax called property tax on all the property of the houses they live in. Those who are residents of Kolkata come under Calcutta Corporation and as per government rules all the citizens coming under the corporation have to pay this tax. There are many forms of this tax, read the complete article for details on KMC Property Tax Online Apply 2023.
Table of Contents
KMC Property Tax Online Apply
|Subject||KMC Property Tax|
In 2016, the West Bengal government implemented a new law that greatly simplified the payment of all taxes by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. The Act empowers the Calcutta Corporation to raise or lower taxes. Besides, all tax processing of Kolkata Corporation is made online system. Citizens of Kolkata can pay this tax online or offline through the official website.
What is the Unit Area Assessment process?
One important thing you need to know is that property tax under Kolkata Corporation is not same for all areas, tax is fixed based on facility, valuation of the area. This process is called Unit Area Assessment or UAA, through which Kolkata is divided into a total of 293 blocks comprising of 7 divisions. These 7 categories are described from A to G as you can see in the list below.
|Block category||Base Unit Area|
As you can see in the above list, there are categories from A to Z and there are some numbers written next to them which are “Base Unit Area Value Per Square Feet”. That is, according to this section, the tax payable may be different for the parts of Kolkata that fall under this section. These categories are divided on some information they are,
There are seven categories from A to G, i.e. A has the highest value and G has the lowest value.
In terms of tax also those who live in A category have to pay more tax and those who live in G category have to pay less tax.
Thus the valuation of tax property tax from A to G is determined.
Most of the writings in G category are slums, economically backward areas, refugee areas, colony areas.
Thus the category system has been developed by selecting area facilities, land value etc.
How to pay KMC Property Tax?
- To pay Property Tax of Kolkata Corporation first you need to visit the official website kmcgov.in.
- Enter the homepage and click on the “make online payment” option on the right side.
- Then a drop down list will appear in front of you.
- You have to click on the first option property tax in the list.
- By clicking on property tax, another drop down menu will open in front of you where it will be written, all bills, suspense, up to 50% interest, UAA.
- Here you choose the option as per your requirement.
- Then you have to search with your Assessee No, Mobile Number, Email ID.
- To get next you need to make online payment, after payment you will get a receipt copy.
If you are paying KMC Property Tax for the first time, you may be wondering what is Assessee No, how to get this number, let’s show you.
How to get Kolkata Corporation Assessee No?
- To get this number first you need to visit the official website of Kolkata Corporation.
- Then you have to click on the online service option on the left side of the home page.
- A drop down menu will open in front of you where you have to click on the assessment collection option at the top.
- Then a new page will open in front of you where details about this number will be written.
- You have to click on the Assessee information search option in the list on the left side of this page.
- After that a page will open in front of you where you will be given the option to choose ward number, street number.
- From where you will get your Assessee No.
Read More, PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check UTIITSL
Read More, Duare Sarkar Camp List 2023 West Bengal
How to Check Unpaid KMC Property Tax Bill?
- First you need to go to KMC official website then follow the following steps.
- Click on “make online payment” option on the right side of the home page.
- After that a menu will open in front of you from where you click on property tax option.
- Now another menu will open from where you have to click on All bill option.
- After that a new page will open with you from where you click on “check demand payable” option from the left side list.
- A new page will open in front of you where you can search by Assessee number.
- By clicking here you can directly go to the main page.
How do you re-print tax payments?
- If you forget to print the payment copy after paying corporation tax, you can print it again in this way.
- First you need to go to the official website.
- In the right side list, click on make online payment- property tax- all bills option.
- Then a new page will open in front of you from where you go to the Reprint e-receipt option in the list on the left and select your required option.
- After that you will get your payment copy by providing Assessee number, date etc.
What if you don’t pay corporation tax?
If you don’t pay corporation property tax, you may have to pay an additional 15 percent on the tax value and face other legal problems.
Kolkata Corporation Helpline No
You can call on the mobile number given below during office hours from 11 am to 6 pm.
Phone Number- +91 33 2286 1000
Toll Free Number- 18003453375
Address- Kolkata Municipal Corporation, 5 SN Banerjee Road, Kolkata 700 013, India