Pan Card Link Aadhaar Card Last Date Extended: The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the deadline for Pan Card Link Aadhaar Card Last Date. In a recent press conference, CBDT said, “Providing some more time to taxpayers, the deadline for Pan Card Link Aadhaar Card has been extended by several days. As a result of which everyone can inform the designated authority to link their PAN and Aadhaar card without facing any repercussion“.
This is the fifth time CBDT has extended the deadline Pan Card Link Aadhaar Card Last Date.
What is PAN-Aadhaar Link?
Under the Income Tax Act 1961 (‘Atc’), every person who has a PAN card and an Aadhaar number on 1 July 2017 will be required to link the Aadhaar card and PAN card by 31 March 2023 by paying the prescribed fee.
Failure to do so by April 1, 2023 will have certain implications under the Act, the date for informing the designated authorities for the purpose of linking PAN and Aadhaar cards has been extended to June 30, 2023.
Pan Card Link Aadhaar Card Last Date: Informed by CBDT
PAN-Aadhaar link deadline extended till date – 30th June 2023
What if PAN Aadhaar is not linked before June 30 ?
“From July 1, 2023, taxpayers who fail to link their PAN card and Aadhaar card will have their Aadhaar card deactivated,” the CBDT said.
The consequences of PAN card deactivation are as follows-
- Inactivated PAN cards will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- No interest shall be payable on such refund while the PAN is inactive.
- TDS and TCS will be deducted, or extra charged as per Section 1961 of Income Tax.
PAN-Aadhaar Link Penalty
CBDT said if PAN is deactivated then nominal penalty of Rs 1000 will be charged for linking PAN card with Aadhaar. After paying the fee of Rs 1000 Aadhaar has to be initiated with the prescribed authority. After that your PAN will be reactivated within 30 days.
Read More, Update Aadhar card online 2023
Read More, How to Link Pan Card with Aadhar Card
Pan Card Link Aadhaar Card is not mandatory in this case
PAN-Aadhaar link is not mandatory in these four categories.
- PAN-Aadhaar link is not required for residents of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and Meghalaya states.
- This link is not required for Non Resident Indians (NRIs) under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- It is also not required for those persons who are above 80 years of age as per previous year.
- This rule also does not apply to non-Indian citizens.
There is no requirement to link PAN card with Aadhaar for those in the above categories. They can voluntarily link two documents if they want. June 30 is the deadline for others. By June 30, 2023, linking of PAN card and Aadhaar card is mandatory for all except the appropriate four categories.
CBDT said more than 51 crore PAN-Aadhaar links have been completed so far .