West bengal kanyashree scheme: West Bengal Chief Minister Hon’ble Shri Mamata Banerjee launched a scheme for every minor girl in West Bengal. West Bengal government launched this scheme to improve the condition of minor girls between 13 and 18 years of age in West Bengal. The Women Development and Social Welfare Department of West Bengal has designed the project. A conditional cash amount is directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries through this scheme by the West Bengal Government in the interest of women welfare. This money improves the well-being and status of girl children and encourages minor girls to attend school and discourages them from marrying before the age of 18 through this scheme.
Table of Contents
Kanyashree Scheme implemented by the Government of West Bengal was implemented on 8 March 2013 by the Department of Women Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal. The special contribution of this project to improve the condition of every child girl and minor girl in West Bengal, progress in life and avoid child marriage is undeniable.
In today’s article we will know in detail about west bengal kanyashree scheme 2023, also know the benefits, features, required documents, application procedure and complete details of this scheme. Must follow our website to get first and accurate information about all government schemes offered by state government and central government.
West Bengal Kanyashree Scheme: Overview
|Scheme name||West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Girls of West Bengal|
|Objective||Provide financial help to girls so that they can continue their education and delay marriage|
West Bengal Kanyashree Scheme: Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria that an applicant has to fulfill to get the benefits of West Bengal Kanyashree Scheme.
- Girl child or minor who wants to apply under this scheme must be a permanent resident of West Bengal and unmarried.
- The annual income of the family should be below 1,20,000 rupees. This condition shall not apply to those who have no parents or whose parents have 40% (or more) physical disability.
- The applicant must be studying under an educational institution or undergoing any kind of vocational or vocational training
- Any girl aged 18 to 19 years from any child care institute registered under JJAct 2000 can apply under this scheme.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 18 years on or after 1st April 2013 for the lump sum amount provided under this scheme.
- The scheme covers 18 lakh beneficiaries every year as annual scholarship, besides one-time payment to 3.5 lakh girls annually.
West bengal kanyashree scheme benefits
Under the West Bengal Kanyashree scheme this scheme has been implemented to provide protection to every girl child and minor girl in the state of West Bengal. The benefits of this project are:
- The scheme helps the financially backward families of the society by paying for their child girl’s education and advancement in life.
- The scheme encourages girls to continue their education at higher secondary and secondary level
- Curbing crimes like child marriage is a major benefit of this scheme
- An additional benefit of this scheme is the overall improvement in girls’ education in the state by ending child marriage
- Because of this scheme, girls are married only after completing their education at the age of 18 years. Hence the infant mortality rate and maternal mortality ratio have been reduced comparatively.
- Read More, Benefits Of Kanyashree Prakalpa
- Read More, KMC Property Tax Online Apply 2023
- Read More, Duare Sarkar Camp List 2023 West Bengal
West bengal kanyashree scheme more benefits
West Bengal Kanyashree Scheme is divided into two parts.
Under west bengal kanyashree scheme money is given first as scholarship. 1000 per year to each beneficiary girl in West Bengal. In 2013-14, the scholarship amount was Rs.500, which has now been increased to Rs.1000. This amount is given to girls aged 13 to 18 years who fulfill the following conditions.
- The beneficiary girl should be studying in a government recognized school or institution
- Age of girl should be between 13 to 18 years
- Should be studying in any class from 8th to 12th
- Open school girls will also get this facility
- Residents living in homes registered under jj act of 2000, girls undergoing vocational courses, sports training are also eligible for this benefit.
A one-time grant of Tk 25,000 is given to the beneficiary girls when they turn 18.
West bengal kanyashree scheme additional features
- The West Bengal Kanyashree scheme has two parts, an annual scholarship of Rs 500 which has been increased to Rs 1000 at present and a one-time grant of Rs 25,000.
- The annual increase is for unmarried girls between the ages of 13 and 18, who are studying in educational institutions in government recognized schools between classes VIII to XII.
- A lump sum is paid to all girls who have attained the age of 18 years at the time of enrolment, are studying in a government recognized open or regular school college or are engaged in any vocational training or activity are eligible for this benefit.
- Under this scheme, both these benefits will be provided to all girls, whose family income is less than Rs.1,20,000 per annum. This condition of family income shall not apply to those whose parents are dead or confined in jj act home or whose parents More than 40% are disabled.
- Since crimes like child marriage affect the lives of adolescent girls in various ways, leading to poor financial and educational status, the scheme aims to guide their lives in the right direction. This scheme contributes a lot to every girl in West Bengal to follow the right path in life and overall improvement in life.
West bengal kanyashree scheme 2023 application process
To get all the benefits of the scheme as an eligible beneficiary under west bengal kanyashree scheme follow the following process to apply.
- Application form should be collected from the institution where the beneficiary is studying. Form K1 should be filled after collection of application form K2 form should be filled for one time grant for annual scholarship.
- Care should be taken while filling the forms, all information including name, bank details, age, income details should be filled correctly in the form.
- After filling complete application all documents should be collected and documents should be submitted along with filled application form
- The application form should be submitted to the applicant’s educational institution or school. The Headmaster of the school will sign and stamp the application. An Acknowledgment Receipt will be issued to the beneficiary after signing and stamping the application, which should be kept carefully.
- Acknowledged receipt will be accompanied by child’s form number, name, age and other necessary details
- Beneficiary must have a bank account of his/her own, as all funds provided by West Bengal Government will be deposited in that bank account.
West bengal kanyashree scheme 2023 required documents
The required documents are:
- Ration card
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth certificate
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Educational Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Declaration regarding unmarried status of beneficiary girl child
- Proof of family income not exceeding 120000 rupees
- Disability Certificate (if disabled)
- Bank’s passbook where beneficiary’s name, account number and address will be written
West bengal kanyashree scheme online application
Following procedures are to be followed for online application under this scheme
For online application first go to the official website
Select the registration button from the homepage
Click on the checkbox and click on proceed
After that all the details have to be provided correctly in the specified space
Username and password will be generated after providing all the details
Login through login tab using name and password
After giving correct details click on submit option to login
Account dashboard will appear in front of you
Click on the Edit Profile or Application tab
Then give basic details, current course, eligibility test, current institution address
After filling the application form the scanned photograph and signature of the applicant should be uploaded
Then click on Save and Continue option
Bank details including bank name, IFSC code, branch code, account number, MICR code should be submitted
After uploading required documents click submit application
FAQ: West bengal kanyashree scheme 2023
Can girls living outside West Bengal get the benefit of this scheme?
No, girls residing outside West Bengal will not get the benefit of this scheme
Is residence certificate required for Kanyashree scheme application?
No, Residence Certificate is not required for West Bengal Kanyashree Scheme
Who will benefit from Kanyashree project?
All West Bengal girls between 13 and 19 years of age whose family income is less than 120000 rupees
What award has Kanyashree project won?
In June 2017, the United Nations awarded the Kanyashree project the highest public award
When is Kanyashree Divas celebrated?
Kanyashree Divas is celebrated on 14th August
Kanyashree project was launched in which year?
The West Bengal Kanyashree scheme was launched on 8 March 2013
Kanyashree project was implemented in which year?
Kanyashree project was implemented on 14th August 2013